Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sunday Papers


I had to get up early today to check on a house that i'm watching for a friend. On the way I passed probably 10 kids standing on corners trying to sell the sunday paper. Even though it's only $2.50, I didn't buy one. I started to, pulled over and everything, but then I thought about the reasoning. Why did I really want a paper?


All I really want out of it is the coupons and the flyers. I watch the news daily and read alot of news sites online. Are a few flyers and coupons worth the $2.50? I get weekly ads and sometimes even coupons in the mail. I can even get coupons on ebay now, probably more for $2.50 than i'd get out of the paper.


So after this internal debate I decided not to purchase the paper. Yes, there was a part of me that felt guilty for not supporting the kid who had the inative to get a job standing out in the cold on a weekend morning selling papers, or supporting the written media which everyone claims is a dying form. But in my new found effort to pinch pennies, I decided to live with the guilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment